How To: Install WordPress on Ubuntu server
1. Install minimal Ubuntu server:
This assumes you have already created a basic Ubuntu server in which to install WordPress.
2. Ensure that the server is up to date. You can update the Ubuntu server by connecting through console and typing:
sudo apt-get update
to refresh the packages. You may need to run one or both of the following commands to begin the update/upgrade:
sudo apt-get upgrade
3. install ssh: This will make it much easier to configure remotely using an application such as Putty or any other such utility.
sudo apt-get install openssh-server
4. Install LAMP packages (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
sudo apt-get install lamp-server^
Choose a password when prompted.
Test to see if the webserver is working by going to the ip address of the server in a browser. You should see “it works!” text
5. Now you are ready to Install WordPress: Continue reading How To: WordPress on Ubuntu Server